How to be an Effective Presenter?
SeriesPhD Lunch Seminars
SpeakerBenoit Crutzen and Laurie Slegtenhorst
LocationErasmus University Rotterdam
Date and time
April 30, 2019
10:00 - 16:30
Seminar is only open for ESE PhD students
Presenting at a conference is part of ‘the job’ as a PhD.
But do you know how to bring across your research subject to a large public?
This course will concentrate on learning how to be an effective presenter.
The course will cover the following topics:
· Making a structure that both explains and convinces.
· Attuning your presentation to the audience and the core message.
· Dealing with different kinds of questions.
After the course you will:
· Understand the impact of non-verbal-communication,
· Know how to manage your nerves,
· Improve your own presentation skills.
*There is the possibility of recording your own presentation by camera,
on which you can reflect.*
The course consists of two parts and will take place on:
· Tuesday 30 April
· From: 10:00h to 12:30h – 13:00-16:30.
· Location: T.B.A
· Trainer: Gisèle Noordzij (Trainer communication and speech coach).
We recommend PhD’s in their second and third year to attend this course, but of course it is open for everybody.